Sean N. Bourgeois Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Established in honor of former Longhorn Hellraiser and engineering student, Sean N. Bourgeois, the Sean N. Bourgeois Memorial Endowed Scholarship recognizes a deserving student at The University of Texas at Austin who exemplifies qualities exuded by Sean: university spirit and campus involvement.
The application for the Spring 2023 Scholarship was open from January 9 to February 13 at 11:55 p.m.
Multiple scholarships of at least $500 were awarded in 2022.
Please note that if you receive financial aid from UT Austin, this award could affect your financial aid package. If you have specific questions about your situation, please contact Texas One Stop.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in residence at The University of Texas at Austin as an undergraduate student.
- Must have completed four (4) long semesters at The University of Texas at Austin as an undergraduate student.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to The University of Texas at Austin and to improving university spirit and campus involvement.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Must be in good standing (no current disciplinary probation or deferred suspension).
- Members of the Longhorn Hellraisers will receive first preference, and second preference will be given to students majoring in engineering.
- Must have a letter of recommendation submitted by a current or former employer or UT affiliate.
These questions will be asked in the application. It is recommended that applicants prepare answers in a word document in advance to avoid the application timing out.
- What organizations (on and off-campus) or experiences are you involved in? How have those experiences shaped your leadership development?
- Discuss your commitments to University spirit and campus involvement at The University of Texas at Austin. How have these qualities enhanced not only your campus experience, but also the experiences of all students?
- Has a particular student at The University of Texas at Austin greatly influenced your life? How has that student shaped your experience at UT Austin, and how will you continue the legacy of positively influencing others?
- Please upload a letter of recommendation submitted by a current or former employer or UT affiliate.