Campus-Wide Elections : Spring 2023
Election Supervisory Board
The Election Supervisory Board (ESB) is charged with conducting and overseeing all student elections, including those required by the Student Government Constitution and by other university policy-making boards or administrative bodies that refer to the ESB in their election codes. Election disputes and grievances are heard by the ESB; their decisions may be appealed through an appellate procedure as well.
The selection process for ESB takes place each fall. Please refer to Campus-Wide Election Code for additional details pertaining to eligibility, duties and procedures related to ESB. The ESB does not oversee First-Year Elections.
If you have any questions, please email the ESB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through an application and interview process, nine (9) student applicants will be selected to comprise the ESB. To be eligible, applicants:
- Shall not hold an elected position, endeavor to run, or be engaged in actively campaigning for an elected position for one of the entities; and,
- Must either be a graduate student, or an undergraduate student who has completed one semester in residence; and,
- **Must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average; and,
- Must not be serving a disciplinary penalty.
**First-year students (graduate and undergraduate) are eligible to apply. If selected, the offer would be contingent upon the successful completion of the fall 2022 semester and achieving at least a 2.5 GPA.
Specific duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Attending required trainings
- Promotion and marketing of the Campus-Wide Election
- Coordination of the candidate seminar
- Assisting with the coordination of the Student Government candidate debate
- Facilitating violation hearings and sanctions
- Creating and submitting advisory opinions
- Serving as a liaison to an assigned group of candidates throughout the campaigning season
- Being available for media requests
- Coordination of the election results announcement
- Certify results of the election
A high level of commitment will be required of ESB members. Members are required to attend several trainings during the fall and spring semester, and have a concentrated involvement between February 1, 2023 – March 13, 2023. During that time, ESB members meet to finalize election procedures, host the Candidate seminar, oversee campaigning activities, hear and resolve grievances, certify election results, host the results announcement and perform additional duties related to the position. The time commitment varies from year to year but it is not unreasonable for ESB members to dedicate time each day during concentrated period to fulfill the role.
Upon completion of an active and engaged term with the ESB and conclusion of the campus-wide elections process, the chair, elected by the ESB Selection Committee, will receive a one-time payment of $1250.00 and each member of the ESB will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 for their service.
2022-2023 Election Supervisory Board
Soumith Reddy Palreddy, ESB Chair
Catharine Buchanan, ESB Voting Member
Hugh Brown, ESB Voting Member
Jenny Ainsworth, ESB Voting Member
Mihir Gokhale, ESB Voting Member
Nanaafiia Adjei, ESB Voting Member
Patricia Dominguez, ESB Voting Member
Riya Gantla, ESB Voting Member
Ty Gribble, ESB Voting Member