Glenn Maloney Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is given in memory of Glenn W. Maloney. Glenn served The University of Texas at Austin for 19 years, the last seven as Associate Dean of Students. The Glenn Maloney Memorial Scholarship was established to remember Glenn's countless contributions to UT Austin and to recognize the students he loved. Through this scholarship, Glenn's enduring legacy is to continue helping the students whose lives he enriched.
Several scholarships of a minimum of $1000 were awarded in 2022.
Please note that if you receive financial aid from UT Austin, this award could affect your financial aid package. If you have specific questions about your situation, please contact Texas One Stop.
- Student must be currently enrolled in residence at The University of Texas at Austin as an undergraduate student.
- Student must have completed four (4) long semesters at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Student must have demonstrated a commitment to The University of Texas at Austin and to improving university spirit and campus involvement.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Student cannot be on disciplinary probation or deferred suspension.
- Must have a letter of recommendation submitted by a current or former UT Austin faculty or staff member.
These questions will be asked in the application. It is recommended that applicants prepare answers in a word document in advance to avoid the application timing out.
- What organizations (on and off-campus) or experiences are you involved in? How have those experiences shaped your leadership development?
- What have you gained from your experience as a student leader? Why do you believe it is important to be involved on campus and to improve campus life?
- Discuss the two most important accomplishments you have achieved as a student leader on campus and how these accomplishments have positively impacted current and future students at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation submitted by a current or former employer or UT affiliate.