Legal Services for Students will only provide consultations for legal issues that are not included in the list below.
Our goal is to provide the best quality services and advice, and to attain the best possible resolution for our clients.
Please Note: Decisions about how a case will be handled are at the sole discretion of Legal Services for Students.
We can provide consultations on all legal issues except for:
- Advising on the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. "Obamacare")
- Disputes between currently enrolled UT Austin students
- Disputes against any University of Texas units or entities
- Non-profit/501c3 and all other tax questions
- Immigration matters
- Patent law
- Matters related to a student-owned business
- When the student is the landlord
- Complex wills/wills involving property over $2,000,000
- Legal questions pertaining to a matter that is not yours
- Criminal matters that are similar to or the same as a matter LSS has advised you about in the past
Consultations are by appointment only
Legal Disclaimer - The information contained in this website does not constitute legal advice nor is it intended to constitute legal advice. It is not a substitute for consulting an attorney regarding a particular case. The information and opinions contained herein are those of Legal Services for Students in the Office of the Dean of Students and are not necessarily those of The University of Texas at Austin. All materials contained herein are the property of Legal Service of Students in the Office of the Dean of Students and its attorneys – All Rights Reserved.