Swing Out Awards
Become Part of the Swing Out Awards Tradition! The Swing Out Awards are presented by the Office of the Dean of Students to student organizations that have demonstrated excellence in leadership on campus. Organizations can apply to different categories that best fit their student group. Award recipients will be recognized at the Evening of the Stars ceremony in April/May 2020. Winning organizations receive a banner and $300 for the organization, and the winner of Most Outstanding organization receiving an additional $1,000.
The 2020 Swing Out Awards process consists of an application review by the Swing Out Awards Committee, consisting of students and staff from different areas of the Office of the Dean of Students.
mportant dates concerning the 2020 application process include:
February 1st: Applications available online at 8 a.m. CST
February 29th: Applications due online by 11:59 p.m. CST
April 1st: Organizations contacted regarding their application status
If you have any questions, please email Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Swing Out Award Winners
Primary Category Award Winners
- Best Academic/Departmental Organization: Student Engineering Council
- Best Cultural Organization: Hindu Students Association
- Best Political/Activist Organization: Doctors Without Borders
- Best Professional Organization: Asian Business Students Association
- Best Recreational Organization: SCORE Athletics
- Best Service Organization: Texas Wranglers
- Best Social Organization: Student Engineering Council
- Best Spirit Organization: Texas Spirits
Special Category Award Winners
- Best New Organization: Doctors Without Borders
- Most Improved Organization: Camp Kesem at the University of Texas at Austin
- Healthiest Organization: Texas Lonestars
- Outstanding Advisor: Jeff Mayo, Texas Transfer Students
- Most Outstanding Student Organization: Student Engineering Council