Office of the Dean of Students          

  Office of the Dean of Students -> Student Activities -> Student Organization Center

Student Organization Center

Location and Hours

The Student Organization Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 12 noon to 8 p.m.

Art Supplies

The following art materials are free for student organizations to use in the Student Organization Center:

Poster Printer

Student organizations can request to print their digitally designed posters at the Student Organization Center.

To have your poster printed:

Your organization will be notified that your poster is ready for pick-up by email.

Storage Space and Rates

Student organizations may lease storage space in the Student Organization Center. The locker lease begins September 1 through April 30 for the upcoming academic year. If the organization seeks to lease a locker mid semester, the cost amounts will be prorated. Locker renewals are facilitated in early April. The Student Organization Center storage spaces are accessible during Student Organization Center business hours. The application for Student Organization Center storage space can be found online at

Storage SpaceDimensionsPrice per SemesterPrice per Year
42" Lockers42" x 18" x 65"$35$105
Seat Storage30" x 18"$15$45

West Mall Rally Space Sound Equipment (currently not available)

The West Mall Rally Space sound equipment is available to student organizations that have reserved the West Mall Rally Space. An authorized representative of your organization must check out the key from the Student Organization Center on the day of the reservation, pay the $10 fee and leave their UT ID card. After your event, the sound system must be locked and the key must be returned to the Student Organization Center. The sound equipment includes an audio jack, one microphone, one microphone cord, and one microphone stand.

Centralized Application Drop-Off

If your organization utilizes membership or other applications, the Student Organization Center can serve as your centralized application pick-up or drop-off location. This service can reduce the stress of collecting applications and managing deadlines. The Student Organization Center cannot accept any money that may accompany an application.

To use this service, complete the Centralized Application Drop-off form on HornsLink.

Documents and Forms


Officer Updates

A current officer of a student organization can update officers and members on HornsLink. Login to HornsLink, select your organization under "my memberships", then click the "manage organization" button on the right. Then click the "roster" link in the dropdown menu on the left of the screen.

Employee Identification Number (EIN)

An EIN is required for a registered student organization to open an off-campus bank account. It is also required for a payment to an organization from the university. These include, but are not limited to, payments for stadium clean up, ushering at the Frank Erwin Center, a Swing Out Award, etc.

Organization Information Updates

Update your organization's purpose, activities, etc. on HornsLink. Allow 2-3 business days for review.

Organization Name Change Form

Complete the Organization Name Change form (pdf) if you wish to change your organization's name. Submit to Student Organization Center at 2609 University Ave., UA9 2.112.

Sponsorship Application

Apply for sponsorship if you would like your student organization to be officially sponsored by an academic or administrative unit.

Planning Events and Activities

Event Planning Guide

Visit our Reservations and Publicity page for updated campus event guidelines. You can use this easy guide to help your student organization plan a successful event (pdf).

Sales Tax Permit

Use this sales tax permit form if your organization is planning to sell goods or services (including ticket sales for an event).

Weapons Approval Form

A weapons approval form (pdf) is required for any student or student organization wanting to possess, use or display firearms, facsimile firearms, ammunition, explosives or other weapons on property owned or controlled by UT Austin.