Peer Coaching Program for Student Organizations
Student Activities created the Peer Coaching Program to help registered student organizations (RSO) with their operations, including recruitment and retention of members, officer transition, and understanding how to access university resources. We hope you find that working with a peer coach will help promote a stronger relationship between your organization and Student Activities in the Office of the Dean of Students. After you spend time with our trained peer coaches, you will have an opportunity to learn ways to grow your organizations and build your presence on campus!
- Student Organizations will plan for organization longevity and sustainability on campus
- Student Organizations will understand event planning methods and university rules to make reservations and space usage more understandable
- Student Organizations will explore ways to connect and establish a sense of belonging on campus
- Peer coaches will help organizations navigate rules and responsibilities in order to help them feel empowered
- Peer coaches will help student organizations prevent misunderstandings and conduct issues
- Peer coaches will help student organizations understand and access Student Activities services and available campus resources
Who are the Peer Coaches?
Peer Coaches have participated in student organizations or are current members of active student organizations. They can relate to your organizations’ needs because of their similar involvement.
Peer Coaches have been trained in effective coaching techniques and university policies.
What to Expect
- Participation in the coaching program will allow active status for your organization at the time of program acceptance if your organization does not currently meet one or more of our student organization requirements
- Schedule consultations twice a semester
- Create a plan of action for your future events or concerns within the organization
- Access to specific campus resources
- Organizational strengths exercises
- Pre- and post- surveys completion
- Check-ins with your Peer Coach throughout the academic year
- Connect with other student organizations in the program
Your organization is eligible to receive one or more of these prizes for active participation:
- Waived Annual Registration fee
- 100 free custom student org. mini-buttons
- 2 free A-Frame sized posters
- A-frame reservation extension for one week
- Table selection at Student Organization Fairs
- Free Clifton Strengths codes and workshop for your org. members
- Free small locker rental
- Free small vinyl banner
- Digi-know acknowledgements for completion of a full year
If you have questions about this program, please schedule a consultation or contact us: