Indoor Space Reservations
Registered and sponsored student organizations are able to reserve indoor space on campus for events and meetings. Available spaces include more than 100 general-purpose classrooms, as well as unique and varied spaces across campus. Student Activities helps student organizations reserve general-purpose classrooms.
General-Purpose Classroom Reservations
Student Activities is currently accepting fall reservation requests through January 16, 2022. At 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, Student Activities will begin accepting spring 2022 semester (January 17, 2022 – May 10, 2022) reservation requests. Requests for general-purpose classrooms must be submitted through HornsLink (review the HornsLink Event Submission Tutorial). Only members listed as officers on the student organization's HornsLink roster can submit reservation requests (refer to Positions and Roster to view the Position Templates Walkthrough and Changing Position Holders tutorials).
To ensure that all student organizations have the opportunity to reserve general-purpose classrooms for their meetings and events, the number of reservation requests accepted at different times is limited. These limits require student organizations to plan and prioritize events carefully, but maximize the available space on campus for all student organizations. Any requests beyond the limitations will be denied.
For fall 2021 semester general-purpose classroom reservations
- Between August 25, 2021 and January 16, 2022, student organizations can submit any number of general-purpose classroom reservation requests based on room availability.
For spring 2022 semester general-purpose classroom reservations
Between November 2, 2021 and January 2, 2022, semester-long reservation requests will be accepted and are limited to:
- Up to two GPC semester-long requests can be submitted
- Up to 18 individual dates per request. Each request must only contain dates related to the same event/meeting (no mixing and matching different types of meetings).
- No more than one day per week
- One room per request
- Note: If student organizations host a combination of weekly or bi-weekly general body meetings, officer meetings, committee meetings etc., then student organizations will need to prioritize by only selecting two of its meetings for the phase 1 request and submit the remaining semester long requests during Phase 3.
Between November 30 and January 2, 2022, individual reservation requests will be accepted and are limited to:
- Up to three GPC individual date requests can be submitted
- No more than one date per request
- Note: Student organizations will need to prioritize the most important individual date requests and submit any additional requests during Phase 3
- Between January 3, 2022 and May 10, 2022, student organizations can submit any number of general-purpose classroom reservation requests based on room availability.
Additionally, general-purpose classroom requests must follow these guidelines:
- Requests must be submitted at least 21 days in advance of the event.
- If an event consultation is required, Student Activities will notify the submitting officer.
- Reservations may be made for times between 6:30 a.m. and 11:45 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
- Student organizations should create a roster of the meeting or event (when possible) that includes names and contact information and send the roster to UT Health Austin for potential public health use only—rosters created for public health purposes do not need to be kept by student organizations, will be handled by UT Health Austin as public health records, and will be retained only as long as public health needs require.
Other Reservable Indoor Spaces
Visit Find a Space to review reservable indoor spaces by capacity or feature. The facilities listed below offer unique spaces popular for reservation. Click the link for each facility to see their reservation information.