Click for Navigation Menu Sorority and Fraternity Life Sorority and Fraternity Life (small logo)
photo of Longhorn crowd


What is Sorority and Fraternity Life?
SFL provides support services, leadership opportunities and educational programs to the Interfraternity, Latino / Pan-Hellenic, National Pan-Hellenic, Texas Asian Pan-Hellenic and University Panhellenic Councils, as well as several Affiliate groups. In fall 2010, SFL also began sponsoring the newly formed Multicultural Greek Council. SFL is responsible for advising the councils' executive officers and interpreting university policies.

When is recruitment?
The Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils both recruit new members at the beginning of the fall semester. The Latino Pan-Hellenic, Multicultural Greek and Texas Asian Panhellenic Councils recruit during both the fall and spring semesters. National Pan-Hellenic Council organizations have Membership Intake during the spring semester. For more information, call us at 512-471-9700.

How do I register for the Sorority and Fraternity Leadership Issues Class?
To register for the class, an application must be submitted to SFL, which will enable you to enroll if you're a member of a SFL affiliated fraternity or sorority. Fraternity and sorority members who take this class learn about the critical issues leaders can face within the sorority and fraternity community. Call us at 512-471-9700 for more information.

What is hazing?
The law defines hazing as any intentional, knowing, or reckless act, occurring on or off the campus of an educational institution, by one person alone or acting with others, directed against a student, that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student for the purpose of pledging, being initiated into, affiliating with, holding office in, or maintaining membership in any organization whose members are or include students at an educational institution.

How do I report a hazing incident?
State law and university policy require that you immediately contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 512-471-9700 or 512-471-3065. You may also report a hazing incident online. Fear of losing an opportunity to join a particular fraternity or sorority should never prevent you from reporting a hazing incident. Your health and safety are far more important!

If you are unable to open the Word doc above download Microsoft Word viewer.