Swing Out Awards
Become Part of the Swing Out Awards Tradition!
The Swing Out Awards are presented by the Office of the Dean of Students to student organizations that have demonstrated excellence in leadership on campus. Organizations can apply to different categories that best fit their student group. Award recipients will be recognized at the Evening of the Stars ceremony on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. Winning organizations receive a banner and $300 for the organization, and the winner of Most Outstanding organization receiving an additional $1,000.
The 2017 Swing Out Awards process consists of an application review by the Swing Out Awards Committee, consisting of students from different areas of the Office of the Dean of Students.
Important dates concerning the 2017 application process include:
February 1st: Applications available online at 8 a.m.
February 28th: Applications due online by 11:59 p.m. CST.
April 1st: Organizations contacted regarding their application status
April 18th: Evening of the Stars Ceremony
If you have any questions, please contact Student Activities via email at email@example.com
2016 Swing Out Award Winners
Primary Category Award Winners
- Best Academic / Departmental Organization: Natural Sciences Council
- Best Cultural Organization: Hindu Students Association
- Best Political / Activist Organization: Lang Stuttering Institute Student Leadership Organization
- Best Professional Organization: Asian Business Students Association
- Best Recreational Organization: Hispanic Business Students Association
- Best Service Organization: Texas Blazers
- Best Social Organization: Texas Bluebonnets
- Best Spirit Organization: Texas Spirits
Special Category Award Winners
- Best Organizational Ethics: Texas Blazers
- Outstanding Advisor: Reed Rallojay
- Best New Organization: Lang Stuttering Institute Student Leadership Organization
- Most Improved Organization: Texas Bluebonnets
- Most Outstanding Organization: Asian Business Student Association