Swing Out Awards
Become Part of the Swing Out Awards Tradition!
Become Part of the Swing Out Awards Tradition! The Swing Out Awards are presented by the Office of the Dean of Students to student organizations that have demonstrated excellence in leadership on campus. Organizations can apply to different categories that best fit their student group. Award recipients will be recognized at the Evening of the Stars ceremony in April 2019. Winning organizations receive a banner and $300 for the organization, and the winner of Most Outstanding organization receiving an additional $1,000.
The 2019 Swing Out Awards process consists of an application review by the Swing Out Awards Committee, consisting of students and staff from different areas of the Office of the Dean of Students.
Important dates concerning the 2019 application process include:
February 1st: Applications available online at 8 a.m. CST
February 28th: Applications due online by 11:59 p.m. CST
April 1st: Organizations contacted regarding their application status
April 16th: Evening of the Stars Ceremony
If you have any questions, please email Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Swing Out Awards Winners
Primary Category Award Winners
- Best Academic / Departmental Organization: Texas Transfer Students
- Best Artistic Organization: Longhorn Singers
- Best Cultural Organization: Hindu Students Association
- Best Political / Activist Organization: Lang Stuttering Institute Student Leadership Organization
- Best Professional Organization: Association of Latino Professionals For America
- Best Recreational Organization: Hispanic Business Students Association
- Best Service Organization: Women of Excellence
- Best Social Organization: Texas Bluebonnets
- Best Spirit Organization: Texas Spirits
Special Category Award Winners
- Healthiest Organization: Hindu Students Association
- Outstanding Advisor: Daniel Zarazua, Texas Blazers
- Most Improved Organization: Texas Transfer Students Association
- Most Outstanding Organization: Hindu Students Association