Pillars of the Forty Acres
Pillars of the Forty Acres is a recognition program for student organizations whose activities embody the University's six Core Values. The purpose of the program is to create a culture of accountability and recognize organizations for their creative ways of incorporating the Core Values. It’s possible your student organization has already met several of the program criteria so why not take a chance to be awarded for your outstanding efforts?
There are two levels of recognition status: Distinguished and Exemplary. Organizations that complete the program are eligible for monetary prizes awarded at the Evening of the Stars ceremony held in April.
To achieve Distinguished Status, an organization must complete at least (1) activity, event or program that aligns with your organization’s mission and/or helps your organization reach one of its goals for three (3) of the six (6) Core Values.
To achieve Exemplary Status, an organization must complete at least one (1) activity, event or program that aligns with your organization’s missions and/or helps your organization reach one of its goals for each of the six (6) Core Values.
Why should your organization participate in the Pillars of the Forty Acres program?
- Enhance your organization and connect with resources
- Be entered to win monetary prize drawings
- Get public recognition on the Student Activities website
- Be honored during the Evening of the Stars award in the spring
To participate in the Pillars of the Forty Acres program, each organization must complete all of the following steps:
- Be in good standing with the Office of the Dean of Students. If your organization is not listed in HornsLink, then it is frozen. Contact Student Activities at 512-471-3065 to speak with a staff member and learn how to resolve the issue.
- Select one member of your organization to be the Pillars contact and submitter. Member must be listed on the organization’s HornsLink roster.
- Selected Pillars contact and submitter must attend a Discover Pillars Workshop during the fall to begin enrollment and receive this year’s Pillars Challenge. Visit the Student Activities Hornslink page to RSVP for future workshop dates and times.
- Complete enrollment in this year’s program by emailing your Pillars Outline to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 17, 2023.
- Complete and submit your Pillars Challenge via essay (word doc. or pdf file) to: email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2023.