Starting a New Student Organization
Complete the following steps to form a registered student organization:
- Attend Officer Orientation
- Login to www.hornslink.org. These events will not appear if you do not login.
- Click "Events" and search for "Officer Orientation"
- Select the date you wish to attend
- Submit your RSVP Response in the Right Column
- Submit a new student organization application
To better assist you, do not submit an application until you have attended Officer Orientation.
- Login to www.hornslink.org
- Click "Organizations"
- Click on the "Register a New Organization" button in the left column
- Click on the "Register a New Organization" at the bottom
- Follow the Registration Instructions
- Submit the $20 application fee
- Online: http://bit.ly/DOStxshop. Click on New Registered Student Organization Application Fee, or
- In Person: Visit the Student Organization Center at 2609 University Avenue with exact cash or check made to UT Austin.
Once steps 1-3 have been completed and if no institutional rules violations have surfaced, it will take two weeks to process your application. The Student Activities staff will email you when your organization is approved.
Please contact the Student Organization Center at 512-471-3065 or email@example.com with any questions.
Sponsored Student Organizations
Sponsored student organizations are student organizations that have a designated and acknowledged partnership with a university academic or administrative unit. Sponsorship by academic or administrative units requires support, endorsement, supervision, and the assumption of responsibility for the actions and activities of the sponsored student organization. To apply for sponsorship, you will need to complete the application process above and then the Student Organization Sponsorship Application Form. This is only for organizations applying for sponsorship for the first time.
Renewal of sponsorship is required annually, April 1 – April 22. The application for renewal is embedded in the Annual Registration process and does not require a separate form.