Click for Navigation Menu Student Activities Student Activities (small logo)
photo of Longhorn crowd


Student Organization Center

Location: 2609 University Avenue, UA9 Suite 2.112

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 5pm
Sunday: Noon – 8pm

Art Supplies

The following art materials are free for student organizations to use in the SOC:

  • butcher paper
  • paint and brushes
  • markers, crayons, colored pencils
  • rulers

Poster Printer

Student organizations can request to print their digitally designed posters at the SOC.

  • The poster printer paper is 36-inches wide and 48-inches long. You must use this template to ensure the size of your poster is correct.
  • Make sure the file is scaled appropriately, stretching an image may result in blurred images.
    • Refunds will not be given for this reason.

To have your poster printed:

  • Email the file as a .pdf to
  • Posters will be printed within two business days (Monday through Friday) of the request.
  • Cost: $12.00, which must be paid upon pickup. The SOC accepts payments in check, cash (exact change) or online at TXShop.

Your organization will be notified that your poster is ready for pick-up by email.

SOC Storage Space and Rates

Student organizations may lease storage space in the SOC. The locker lease begins May 1st through April 30th for the upcoming academic year. If the organization seeks to lease a locker mid-semester, the cost amounts will be prorated. Locker renewals are facilitated in early April. And, the SOC storage spaces are accessible during SOC business hours. Lastly, the application for SOC storage space can be found online at

SOC Lockers
SOC Lockers Lockers (42") Seat Storage
Dimensions 42" x 18" x 65" 30" x 18"
Price per Semester $35 $15
Price per Year $105 $45

West Mall Rally Space Sound Equipment

The West Mall Rally Space sound equipment is available to student organizations that have reserved the West Mall Rally Space. An authorized representative of your organization must check out the key from the Student Organization Center (SOC) on the day of the reservation, pay the $10 fee and leave their UT ID card. After your event, the sound system must be locked and the key must be returned to the SOC. The sound equipment includes an audio jack, one microphone, one microphone cord, and one microphone stand.

Centralized Application Drop-Off

If your organization utilizes membership or other applications, the Student Organization Center (SOC) can serve as your centralized application pick-up or drop-off location. This service can reduce the stress of collecting applications and managing deadlines! The SOC cannot accept any money that may accompany an application.

To use this service, complete the Centralized Application Drop-off form on HornsLink.

Documents and Forms


Authorized Representative Updates A current authorized representative of a student organization can update authorized representatives and members on HornsLink. Login to HornsLink, select your organization under "my memberships", then click the "manage organization" button on the right. Then click the "roster" link in the dropdown menu on the left of the screen.

Employee Identification Number (EIN) An EIN is required for a registered student organization to open an off-campus bank account. It is also required for a payment to an organization from the university. These include, but are not limited to, payments for stadium clean up, ushering at the Frank Erwin Center, a Swing Out Award, etc.

Organization Information Updates Update your organization's purpose, activities, etc. on HornsLink. Allow 2-3 business days for review.

Organization Name Change Form Complete this form if you wish to change your organization's name. Submit to SOC at 2609 University Ave., UA9 2.112.

Sponsorship Application Use this application if you would like your student organization to be officially sponsored by an academic or administrative unit.

Planning Events and Activities

Event Planning Guide (pdf) An easy guide to help your student organization plan a successful event.

Sales Tax Permit Use this form if your organization is planning to sell goods or services (including ticket sales for an event).

Weapons Approval Form (pdf) Required for any student or student organization wanting to possess, use or display firearms, facsimile firearms, ammunition, explosives or other weapons on property owned or controlled by UT Austin.


  • A new East Mall / Gregory Plaza / Speedway Plaza map will be published when Speedway construction is complete.
  • West Mall Space Map (pdf)
  • Kiosk Map (pdf) Shows kiosk locations on campus.

If you are unable to open the pdfs above download Adobe Acrobat Reader.