Affiliates are sororities and fraternities recognized by Sorority and Fraternity Life, however are not in a council. Every chapter or colony first connects with our office as an affiliate before petitioning to join a council. Affiliates receive the resources and privileges associated with being an officially recognized Greek letter organization.
UT Sorority and Fraternity Life Affiliates
Frequently Asked Questions
What are affiliate membership benefits?
- Official recognition as a fraternity or sorority at the University of Texas at Austin
- Support in building a successful organization
- Office funding program and fiscal advising
- Member grade verification and reports
- Invitations to participate in office-hosted events
- Communications with regional and national organization
- Alumni and long-term institutional engagement
- Individual and organizational recognition opportunities, including Order of Omega Honorary Society and Sorority and Fraternity Life Awards
- Campus engagement opportunities, leadership development experiences, and invitational meetings
- Communicate pathways to council membership
- Intake/Recruitment assistance
Who is eligible for affiliate membership?
Affiliate membership is available to all single-sex, Greek letter social organizations registered as student organizations, regardless of whether or not they are governed by a national body.
How can my organization start the affiliate membership process?
Complete the Affiliate Membership Application on HornsLink. Read the requirements and download all available prerequisite materials before beginning the application.