New Member Educator Training
New Member Educator Training is designed specifically to educate and support the chapter officers in charge of welcoming new members into their organization.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, new member educator training will be held virtually. All students who register will receive access to a Canvas course and will be expected to attend two virtual meetings held on Thursday, September 10th at 6pm and Thursday, September 17th at 6pm.
- Have a better understanding of the role, responsibilities, and influence as a new member educator.
- Gain tools on how to create community and execute the new member experience in a virtual setting.
- Acquire knowledge to create more inclusive and safe environments for all new members.
Attendance Expectations and Registration
As a part of the Good Standing Program, each chapter must have a minimum of one new member educator register and attend. Chapters can register more than one new member educator or similar officer as interested.
To register, each student needs to complete a registration form by end of day Wednesday, September 2nd.
- Any chapters concerned about meeting attendance expectations or with any questions can email Jenny Walker.
- Any students that need accommodations (e.g. closed captioning, a sign language interpreter, etc.) to best engage with the Canvas modules or for the Zoom meetings can provide that information in their registration form or email Jenny Walker.
- Canvas and Zoom meeting information will be sent to all students registered in advance of the training.