Office of the Dean of Students          

Education Benefits Certification Process

Dependent Using VA Benefits

New dependent using federal education benefits

First, apply for your specific benefit:

- UT's Address (for the VA application): 1 University Station, Austin, TX 78712

Then, after you submit your application, the VA will mail you your Certificate of Eligibility (or Award Letter) to your home of record. That letter should arrive about one month after you have applied. Then, after you register for classes here, complete your VA Enrollment Certification Request (GI Bill® Questionnaire) and upload in the document upload section:

Your VA veteran's educational benefits should take about four weeks to come in. Contact Veteran and Military Affiliated Services at 512-232-2835 if your benefits have not been applied to your tuition bill by the week that your tuition is due.

Continuing student

Using your VA benefits at another college or university
On the Parent Institution Form (pdf), complete Part A and the courses you will take at another institution on Part B. This form can then be sent to the Registrar at The Registrar will send the form to Admissions for signature and will work with you to get the remaining portions completed. Once the form is complete, please submit it to the veteran certification office at the institution you will attend.