Office of the Dean of Students -> Veteran and Military Affiliated Services -> National Guard and Reserve Activation Procedures
National Guard and Reserve Activation Procedures
Students who are members of the National Guard or Reserves may be activated at any time. The university has policies and procedures in place to help our military-affiliated students who may be activated by their military unit.
Students activated by their military unit for any reason should use the following protocol:
Email Veteran and Military Affiliated Services with the following information (if limited by OPSEC, please provide as much information as possible):
- Your Name:
- Military Unit:
- Anticipated deployment location:
- Expected deployment date:
- Estimated deployment duration:
- A copy of your orders (if you have them)
Additionally, you should:
- Read UT's policy on military absences.
- Read UT's policy regarding Withdrawal for military service if you anticipate that you will miss more than 25% of the semester due to your military absence.
- Contact your faculty and dean's office to let them know you will miss class and/or may withdraw.
- Review UT's Notice for Students Who Withdrew Due to Military Service for information about declaring your intent to re-enroll if you anticipate withdrawing due to your military service.
Veteran and Military Affiliated Services will work with our university partners to ensure your long-term academic success.