Volunteer with UT Outpost
UT Outpost welcomes UT Austin-affiliated volunteers, prioritizing opportunities for student volunteers. Volunteers sort food and clothing donations, restock the food pantry and career closet, and help with other tasks and programs.
Volunteer shifts are one and a half hours long, Monday – Saturday, and limited to three volunteers at a time.
Join UT Outpost on GivePulse to volunteer.
Instructions for joining UT Outpost on GivePulse
- Sign in using the SSO button on givepulse.com
- Log in with your UT EID
- Click the ‘Explore’ button, then click the ‘Groups’ button
- Search for UT Outpost
- Click the ‘Join’ button and fill out the intake form
- Wait to be approved for membership
Please allow up to one week for UT Outpost staff to approve your membership. Once approved, schedule your training shift at UT Outpost. Volunteers can access monthly shift sign-ups after completing a training shift.
UT Outpost offers preselected group volunteering opportunities each semester. Sign-ups will open on the UT Outpost GivePulse page during the first 2 weeks of a semester. Please follow the instructions below to sign up your group for a volunteer day with UT Outpost. Group volunteer sign-ups are first-come, first-served.
Instructions for Group Volunteer sign-ups
- Designate one point person for your group to complete the sign-up
- Sign in using the SSO button on givepulse.com. If you are not affiliated with UT Austin, you may make a GivePulse account.
- Log in with your UT EID (if applicable)
- Click the "Explore" button, then click the "Groups" button
- Search for UT Outpost
- Click on the "Group Volunteer Dates" event
- Select the date that your group would like to volunteer with UT Outpost
- Please await confirmation and further instructions from UT Outpost staff
Important Notes and Requirements for Group Volunteering
- Only one group volunteer event is permitted per group, per semester
- Minimum group size is 5 volunteers
- Maximum group size is 20 volunteers
- All group members will be asked to "Join" the group on GivePulse before volunteering
- All group members will be trained on the group volunteer day
Spring 2024 Group Volunteer Dates
All group volunteering occurs from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Sign-ups for group volunteering will go LIVE on Friday, January 26 at noon on GivePulse. Sign-ups are first come, first serve with a waitlist available.