About UT Outpost
UT Outpost is the free on-campus food pantry and career closet for all currently enrolled students at UT Austin. Emergencies and financial hardships can affect students in and outside of class. UT Outpost is here to support students with healthy food and gently used professional clothing.
Food insecurity makes it hard for students to stay in class and succeed. According to the fall 2021 National College Health Assessment, 37.7% of UT students classified as food insecure. The UT Outpost food pantry provides nutritious food for students so that they can focus on their education. UT Outpost also helps students identify and combat food insecurity on campus.
The UT Outpost career closet offers every Longhorn access to professional clothes for job fairs, internships, and interviews. Students can choose their own outfits from the career closet, including shoes and accessories, that are theirs to keep.
Additional Community Resources
2609 University Avenue (UA9)
Austin, TX 78712
Tuesday: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
UT Outpost Satellites offer mostly "grab n go"- style food and snacks for students. Appointments are not needed; walk-ins welcome.
College of Liberal Arts
- Location: Patton Hall (RLP) ground floor.
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Fri 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. The College of Liberal Arts (COLA) satellite pantry is open during regular office hours.
- Eligibility: The COLA satellite pantry is open to all liberal arts students.
Gender & Sexuality Center
- Location: William C. Powers, Jr. SAC (WCP) 2.112 resource room.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Eligibility: While the GSC primarily serves women and LGBTQIA+ students, any students who are interested in learning more are welcome!
LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Location: Sid Richardson Hall (SRH) 3.364 third floor kitchen.
- Hours: Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m, UT ID required outside of these hours.
- Eligibility: Open to all LBJ students with UT ID access to the building.