Donations and Drives for UT Outpost
Make a Financial Gift
Monetary donations make the greatest immediate impact for UT Outpost, by allowing Outpost to purchase food and student supplies in bulk at times when opportunities for events like food drives are limited. Financial support also helps UT Outpost stay flexible, to adjust operations as needed throughout the year. The success of UT Outpost will depend on the support of our campus community and friends. Be a part of that success by making a financial gift today.
Drop Off Donations at UT Outpost
Food and clothing donations can be brought to UT Outpost. Schedule a donation drop-off appointment online.
Plan a Donation Drive
Before submitting the Donation Drive Request Form:
- Choose the dates, time, and location(s) for of the donation drive.
- Decide the focus of the drive: food, clothing, and/or personal care items.
- Contact UT Outpost for a current list of specific needs if the drive will focus on those items. (e.g. canned corn, pasta)
- Determine if bins are available to collect donations, or if donation bins will need to be requested from UT Outpost.
- UT Outpost bins must be stored indoors overnight for multi-day drives.
- Designate team members to be in charge of picking up, monitoring, and dropping off bins
After the form is filled out, please wait for an email confirmation from UT Outpost staff.
Once the donation drive is confirmed, start marketing and promotion for the donation drive:
- Ask the department or unit to match funds raised for UT Outpost programs to make an even bigger impact.
- Encourage all team members to help promote the donation drive.
- Use networks, email lists, and social media to publicize the drive, send updates, and ask for support.
During the Donation Drive
- Monitor donation bins regularly. Bring bins inside a secure location in the evenings, and contact UT Outpost staff if bins are full and need to be emptied before the drive ends.
After the Donation Drive
- Drop off donations to UT Outpost staff.
Donation Drive Theme Ideas
- Feed 'em Horns – collect food items
- MEAT the need – canned meat drive
- Make them Jelly – Peanut Butter and Jelly Dive
- Vote with Food – during an election time have people vote with a non-perishable item on fun things like: Ketchup vs Mustard, Invisibility Superpower vs Flying Superpower, Ice Cream vs Cake, Watching a Film vs Reading a Book, etc.
- OU Sucks, But So Does Hunger – during OU week host a food drive
- Oodles of Noodles – collect pasta and more
- Dress for Success – clothing drive during a professional development program or donation focused on professional dresses
- Suit Drive – collect suits
- Be a Boss – general professional clothing drive encouraging individuals to "be a boss" and donate to the professional clothing closet.
Food Pantry Needs
We need these nutritious foods:
- Canned meats (examples: tuna, canned chicken, etc.)
- Canned and boxed meals (soup, chili, stew, mac and cheese)
- Peanut butter and other nut butters
- Canned or dried beans and peas
- Pasta, rice, cereal, dry mixes (example: pancake mix)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- 100% fruit or vegetable juices (canned, plastic, or boxed)
- Shelf-Stable Milk (example: dry milk)
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Any healthy, low-fat and/or low-sugar products
- Items that meet specific dietary needs; e.g. gluten-free, vegan, dairy free
We can NOT accept:
- Perishable items
- Homemade items
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Open or used items
- Expired items
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Glass containers
Personal Care Item Needs
- Body/face wash
- Soap (hand, body, and dish)
- Body wipes, etc.
We can NOT accept:
- Items that are used/opened
Career Closet Needs
We need these new or gently used and cleaned professional items:
- Neck ties and bow ties
- Dress shirts, blouses, long and short sleeves
- Suit jackets, blazers, and vests
- Belts (black and brown colors)
- Dress skirts
- Dress pants, slacks, capris
- Dress shoes, heels, and flats
- New dress socks and stockings
- Portfolios, briefcases, and purses
- Professional accessories
- Medical Scrubs
We can NOT accept:
- Jeans, shorts, non-professional pants
- Items with holes, tears, stains, or overly-worn items
- T-shirts, hoodies
- Winter coats
- Casual dress clothing