Welcome to Legal Services for Students!
Legal Services for Students provides free legal advice to currently enrolled UT Austin students.
We provide consultations on legal issues such as:
- Landlord/Tenant and Renting
- Criminal Charges
- Traffic Tickets
- Consumer Issues
- Car Wrecks
- Employment Law
There are some things we do not provide consultations on. See our excluded services.
- Disputes between currently enrolled UT Austin students
- Disputes against any of the University of Texas units or entities
- Non-profit/501c3 and all other tax questions
- Immigration matters
- Patent law
- Medical malpractice
- Student-owned business related matters
- When the student is the landlord
- Complex wills/wills involving property over $1,000,000
- Phone or e-mail consultation(s)
- Legal questions pertaining to a matter that is not yours
- LSS cannot advise you on criminal matters similar to, or the same as, a matter which LSS previously has advised you.
Consultations are by appointment only
We are available for consultations during the following hours:
|9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.||9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.||9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.||9 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.||9 - 11 a.m.|