Please note: If using any of these forms fails to bring a satisfactory resolution to your dispute, we highly recommend that you either visit Legal Services for Students (if you are a currently registered UT Austin student), or that you seek legal advice before taking more serious action (i.e., terminating the lease, withholding rent and/or initiating a lawsuit).
Issues Concerning Repairs
If your landlord fails to make repairs, use this Request for Repairs form (PDF).
Move In/Out Inventory Form
Use this form (DOCX) when moving in and out of an apartment/house so that you can prove how you received the apartment and how it was left at move out.
Issues Concerning Your Security Deposit
- If, within 30 days of termination of your lease
- your landlord did not provide you with an itemized list of deductions from your security deposit
- your landlord did provide you with an itemized list of deductions with what you believe to be significant errors
- If, more than 30 days after the termination of your lease
Letter to Landlord Authorizing Emotional Support Animal
You can request a landlord waive their no-animals policy or pet deposit requirements. You must present them with a letter explaining that you have an emotional support animal. This is a SAMPLE letter that you can use to provide your landlord with notice and a written request for accommodation.
Letter from Medical & Mental Health Professionals for Emotional Support Animals
Your landlord may require proof that your animal qualifies as an emotional support animal. You can provide this proof by having your medical or mental health professional write the landlord a letter explaining how the animal supports you. This is a SAMPLE letter that you can give your doctor as an example of what information the landlord needs.
Property Owner Name and Address Request
If you would like to learn the identity of the property owner of your residence, use this Ownership Disclosure (PDF).
Subleasing Your Residence
If you are a tenant and you intend to sublease your residence, use this Sublease Agreement (PDF).
If you intend to have a roommate(s) and all of you are listed on the subject residential lease, use this Roommate Contract (PDF).
Family Law Questions?
- Use this Custody Questions flyer (PDF) to learn about your child visitation rights and Texas child support calculations.
- Use this Divorce Questions flyer (PDF) to understand Texas dviorce laws, how to obtain a divorce, and where to get free forms.
Consumer Law Questions?
- Use this Consumer Debt handout (PDF) to learn how you can stop debt collection calls and get back on a path to financial security.
- Use this Demand Letter (PDF) as a template and guide to help you remedy a civil dispute.
Criminal Law Questions?
If you are unable to open the pdfs above download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you are unable to open the Word docs above download Microsoft Word viewer.