Please note: If using any of these forms fails to bring a satisfactory resolution to your dispute, we highly recommend that you either visit Legal Services for Students (if you are a currently registered UT Austin student), or that you seek legal advice before taking more serious action (i.e., terminating the lease, withholding rent and/or initiating a lawsuit).
Issues Concerning Repairs
If your landlord fails to make repairs, use this Request for Repairs form (PDF).
Move In/Out Inventory Form
Use this form (DOCX) when moving in and out of an apartment/house so that you can prove how you received the apartment and how it was left at move out.
Issues Concerning Your Security Deposit
- If, within 30 days of termination of your lease
- your landlord did not provide you with an itemized list of deductions from your security deposit
- your landlord did provide you with an itemized list of deductions with what you believe to be significant errors
- If, more than 30 days after the termination of your lease
Property Owner Name and Address Request
If you would like to learn the identity of the property owner of your residence, use this Ownership Disclosure (PDF).
Subleasing Your Residence
If you are a tenant and you intend to sublease your residence, use this Sublease Agreement (PDF).
If you intend to have a roommate(s) and all of you are listed on the subject residential lease, use this Roommate Contract (PDF).
Family Law Questions?
- Use this Custody Questions flyer (PDF) to learn about your child visitation rights and Texas child support calculations.
- Use this Divorce Questions flyer (PDF) to understand Texas dviorce laws, how to obtain a divorce, and where to get free forms.
Consumer Law Questions?
- Use this Consumer Debt handout (PDF) to learn how you can stop debt collection calls and get back on a path to financial security.
- Use this Demand Letter (PDF) as a template and guide to help you remedy a civil dispute.
If you are unable to open the pdfs above download Adobe Acrobat Reader.