Schedule an Appointment
How to Schedule an Appointment
Before scheduling an appointment
- You MUST be currently registered at UT Austin for the semester in which you will be advised.
Appointment Eligibility Dates
Summer 2013 5/20/13 thru 8/20/13 Fall 2013 8/21/13 thru 12/20/13 Spring 2014 1/2/14 thru 5/17/14 Summer 2014 5/18/14 thru 8/20/14
- Make sure your issue is NOT on our list of excluded services.
- Advising on the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. "Obamacare")
- Auto Repairs
- Complex wills/wills involving property over $1,000,000
- Disputes against any of the University of Texas units or entities
- Disputes between currently enrolled UT Austin students
- Immigration matters
- Legal questions pertaining to a matter that is not yours
- LSS cannot advise you on criminal matters similar to, or the same as, a matter which LSS previously has advised you.
- Medical malpractice
- Non-profit/501c3 and all other tax questions
- Patent law
- Phone or email consultation(s)
- Real estate documents
- Student-owned business related matters
- When the student is the landlord
If you qualify for an appointment, please
- Complete an intake form, either in person at the LSS office or online. After doing so, you may schedule an appointment.
Note: You may schedule appointments up to 1 week in advance.
If you have already scheduled an appointment
- Be sure to bring all pertinent documents with you to the appointment
- Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your appointment to sign in
- Be sure to bring your student ID
If you CANNOT make your appointment OR will be more than 5 minutes late
- At least one hour prior to your scheduled appointment, please call 512-471-7796 to cancel and/or reschedule. Failure to do so may mean you will be ineligible to use our services until the next fiscal year.