Leadership Education and Progress (LEAP)
Open to all students at The University of Texas at Austin, Leadership Education and Progress (LEAP) is a free leadership development program focused on building an ethical and socially responsible foundation of leadership.
This fun, interactive six-week workshop series provides the knowledge and tools to prepare students for leadership on the Forty Acres and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity for students to establish a professional network of peers, receive coaching from a peer mentor, and learn leadership practices in a hands-on setting.
Participants in the LEAP program will benefit from:
- Developing a foundation for leadership rooted in current leadership research
- Learning to engage as an ethical and inclusive leader
- Building a professional and social network of peers
- Creating a leadership action plan to guide their student experience
LEAP meets once a week for six weeks. In the Spring 2019 semester, there will be two session options available to participants:
- Mondays from 5pm-6:30 p.m. – February 4, 2019 – March 11, 2019
- Tuesdays from 5pm-6:30 p.m. – February 5, 2019 – March 12, 2019
The LEAP Program culminates on Friday, March with a graduation celebration for all cohorts. In order to graduate as an Exemplary Leader, you must attend all six sessions. Advanced Leaders must attend 3-5 sessions.
The deadline to register for is 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 but spaces are limited. Apply through Hornslink!