Project Advance Austin
Are you interested in learning new skills and growing as a leader all while giving back to our local community? Project Advance Austin is a yearlong project management program partnering with local nonprofits. Working as a team, you will develop and execute a project to address a real-world service need.
Why Project Advance Austin?
Learn practical project management skills and effective strategies for working in a team. You will get support through regular with team meetings and one-on-one guidance from our staff. The program closes with an end of the year showcase, where you will present your hard work and accomplishments to our UT and greater Austin community.
Project Advance Austin will give you:
- Real-world project management and leadership experience.
- A professional project to add to your resume.
- Networking opportunities with local nonprofits and project management experts
- For the fall semester: Three to four hours/week including
- a 45-minute team meeting led by our staff, and
- two to three hours of independent or group work.
- For the spring semester: Three to five hours/week, including
- one 30-minute team meeting led by our staff every two weeks, and
- three to five hours of independent or group work.
Project Advance Austin works on a customized weekly schedule set by you and your team. You will choose a time during regular business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday) to meet with our staff for guidance and support on your project. Outside of these meetings, your team is responsible for determining a schedule for project work that meets your availability.
For any questions, please email us or call 512-232-5163.