University Panhellenic Council (UPC)
The University Panhellenic Council (UPC) governs the fourteen National Panhellenic Conference affiliated sororities at The University of Texas at Austin. UPC promotes sorority life by encouraging leadership, high academic achievement, philanthropic and community service efforts, as well as lasting bonds of sisterhood. The University Panhellenic Council serves as a forum for discussing issues facing collegiate women and the entire Sorority and Fraternity community, and promotes excellence among its membership.
Benefits of Membership
- UPC is the largest women's organization at The University of Texas at Austin with over 3,000 members
- Leadership opportunities are available within the UPC community at the chapter and council level.
- Both chapters and council recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for excellence in leadership development and educational programming.
- 3.5340 All Panhellenic GPA for Fall 2019
- All UPC sororities support both local and national philanthropic causes
- Over $225,000 in philanthropic contributions each year
- Panhellenic women participate in thousands of service hours each year
- Find your home away from home with your sorority membership
- Make lifelong connections and friendships which will make your UT Austin experience unforgettable.
Every UPC sorority encourages their members to be involved in organizations outside of the sorority. Often, UPC women not only belong to these organizations, but many hold leadership positions. Panhellenic women are involved in Student Government, Orange Jackets, Texas Spirits, UT Women's Volleyball, Mortar Board, Phi Beta Kappa, UT Women's Soccer & Track, Texas Pom and Cheer, 40 Acres Fest, Student Volunteer Board, Texas Union, Order of Omega, along with many more organizations and activities!
2021 UPC Executive Council
President: Nimisha Jain, email@example.com
President Elect: Maddie Fynes
VP Internal Recruitment: Kathryn Stieler, firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Internal Recruitment-Elect: Lindsay Bond
VP External Recruitment: Jillian Smith, email@example.com
VP External Recruitment-Elect: Emma Brinsden
VP Finance: Paulina Capetillo, firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Standards: Adina Traub, email@example.com
VP Administration: Lillian Sachitano, firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Communication: Leigh Dougal, email@example.com
VP Philanthropy: Meg Espey, firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Diversity & Inclusion: Audrey Lucey, email@example.com