University Panhellenic Council (UPC)
The University Panhellenic Council (UPC) governs the fourteen National Panhellenic Conference affiliated sororities at The University of Texas at Austin. UPC promotes sorority life by encouraging leadership, high academic achievement, philanthropic and community service efforts, as well as lasting bonds of sisterhood. The University Panhellenic Council serves as a forum for discussing issues facing collegiate women and the entire Sorority and Fraternity community, and promotes equality among its membership.
Benefits of Membership
- The largest all-women's undergraduate organization at The University of Texas at Austin with over 2,400 members
- Over 200 leadership opportunities available within the UPC community
- Both chapters and council recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for excellence in programming
- 3.402 All Panhellenic GPA for Spring 2012
- 3.2999 All University Women GPA for Spring 2012
- Over 78% of Panhellenic women have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Awarded $20,000 in scholarship money to members of the community in 2012
- All UPC sororities support both local and national philanthropic causes
- Over $225,000 in philanthropic contributions each year
- Over 350 members participated on the Race for the Cure team, raising approximately $3000 in the Fall of 2011
- Panhellenic women participate in thousands of service hours each year
- Find your home away from home with your sorority membership
- Make lifelong connections and friendships which will make your UT Austin experience unforgettable.
Every UPC sorority encourages their members to be involved in organizations outside of the sorority. Often, UPC women not only belong to these organizations, but many hold leadership positions. Sorority membership catapults women into these positions through experience shared by older members. Panhellenic women are involved in Student Government, Orange Jackets, Texas Spirits, UT Women's Volleyball, Mortar Board, Phi Beta Kappa, UT Women's Soccer & Track, Texas Pom and Cheer, 40 Acres Fest, Student Volunteer Board, Texas Union, Order of Omega, along with many more organizations and activities!
- Race for the Cure: UPC coordinates a Panhellenic team to volunteer and run in the race each fall.
- Educational Speakers: Each semester, UPC offers an educational speaker to cover various topics relevant to college students. Some examples include Travel Safety Tips with Beth Halloway, Bright Pink with Lindsey Avner and Buy In or Get Out! with David Stollman.
- Perfect Party: Each fall the council hosts this risk management educational event for chapter social chairs, presidents and risk management/standards officers in the chapters.
2012 UPC Executive Council
President: Brooke Dorris
Executive Vice President: Megan Weise
VP Recruitment: Mallorie Mach
VP Administration: Merritt Shivitz
VP Standards: Sierra Vela
VP Counseling: Morgan Ball
VP Finance: Emily Young
VP Communications: Andrianna Frinzi
Please note that last names are removed during Recruitment season