University Panhellenic Council (UPC)
The University Panhellenic Council (UPC) governs the fourteen National Panhellenic Conference affiliated sororities at The University of Texas at Austin. UPC promotes sorority life by encouraging leadership, high academic achievement, philanthropic and community service efforts, as well as lasting bonds of sisterhood. The University Panhellenic Council serves as a forum for discussing issues facing collegiate women and the entire Sorority and Fraternity community, and promotes equality among its membership.
Benefits of Membership
- The largest all-women's undergraduate organization at The University of Texas at Austin with over 3,500 members
- Over 200 leadership opportunities available within the UPC community
- Both chapters and council recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for excellence in programming
- 3.507 All Panhellenic GPA for Fall 2018
- All UPC sororities support both local and national philanthropic causes
- Over $225,000 in philanthropic contributions each year
- Panhellenic women participate in thousands of service hours each year
- Find your home away from home with your sorority membership
- Make lifelong connections and friendships which will make your UT Austin experience unforgettable.
Every UPC sorority encourages their members to be involved in organizations outside of the sorority. Often, UPC women not only belong to these organizations, but many hold leadership positions. Sorority membership catapults women into these positions through experience shared by older members. Panhellenic women are involved in Student Government, Orange Jackets, Texas Spirits, UT Women's Volleyball, Mortar Board, Phi Beta Kappa, UT Women's Soccer & Track, Texas Pom and Cheer, 40 Acres Fest, Student Volunteer Board, Texas Union, Order of Omega, along with many more organizations and activities!
- Educational Speakers: Each semester, UPC offers an educational speaker annually. Some examples include Alex Sheen of Because I said I Would and Lawrence Ross author of Blackballed.
2019 UPC Executive Council
If you are unable to open the pdf above download Adobe Acrobat Reader.