The University's Institutional Rules (Section 6-201) mandate that all registered student organizations at The University of Texas at Austin are required to annually register. The annual registration period takes place during the month of April. Registration is facilitated through HornsLink.
Complete steps 1-4 to register your student organization:
Note: student organizations with a BAR cannot complete the registration process until it has been resolved and/or paid. Please contact the Student Organization Center at 512-471-3065 if needed.
- Visit www.hornslink.org and log in using your UT EID and password.
- Go to your student organization's page and click on the "Register" button. It will appear underneath your student organization's name.
- Complete steps 1-7 and submit.
Pay $10 annual registration fee
- online at http://bit.ly/DOStxshop, and click on "Student Organization Registration Fee"; or
by your sponsoring department by emailing email@example.com and submitting an IDT. Please include the following information:
- Registered Student Organization Name:
- Department Name:
- Department Staff Member Authorizing Payment:
- Subject of Payment: Annual Registration
- Amount: $
- Account Number:
*An electronic receipt will be sent once the IDT has been processed
Approval is not automatic, thus registration and payment are required for review. Your student organization will be registered once officially approved by Student Activities staff. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Organization Center at 512-471-3065.