The Texas Leadership Summit
The Texas Leadership Summit (The Summit) is a free leadership development conference open to all students at The University of Texas at Austin. The Summit provides a unique space for student leaders to develop and refine leadership competencies through engagement in experiential workshops, breakout sessions, and networking. This diverse community of leaders affords each participant the opportunity to build relationships and identify areas of collaboration to positively impact The Forty Acres.
In 2016, The Summit will be held on Saturday, February 6 from 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. at The University of Texas at Austin in the Student Activities Center (SAC). Registration will close on Friday, January 29, 2016 at 12 noon.
Goals of the Texas Leadership Summit
- To provide students with concrete competencies and skills to build their leadership capacity.
- To create a community of knowledge sharing where students bring newly learned concepts to their organizations and social networks.
- To assist in the development of students as ethical and socially responsible leaders on The Forty Acres and in their professional fields.
The Summit Raffle
At The Summit, students who pre-registered for the event and are in attendance for the conference close, will be entered into a drawing for the following raffle prizes:
- One (1) iPad Mini
- One (1) iPad Mini
- One (1) Beats by Dre Headphones
- One (1) Beat by Dre Pill
To be eligible to win, the student must:
- Be pre-registered for Texas Summit
- Be in attendance at The Summit closing ceremony (3:30PM)
- Complete a Payee Information Form
- Show a picture ID
In order to claim a prize, students have to complete a Payee Information Form (PIF) and show a picture ID. This form is completed for every student who receives even in-kind prizes. The form includes obtaining their SSN and goes to accounting for tax reporting purposes. If for some reason the student can not complete a PIF, then they are automatically ineligible for the prize. Winners will be announced at the close of The Summit and published online following the conference.