Apply to be a 2014-2015 LEAP Mentor TODAY!
LEAP Mentors have the opportunity to guide first-year students as they explore campus leadership opportunities; develop personal leadership skills; and create a network of colleagues throughout campus.
Responsibilities of a LEAP Mentor include:
- Serve as a role model for first‐year (freshmen and transfer) students
- Support the academic and student success of first‐year mentee
- Connect students with people, resources, and opportunities on the Forty Acres
- Collaborate with your co-‐mentor in facilitating discussions with your LEAP family and fostering an environment that engages and empowers your mentees
- Plan periodic opportunities to gather with your LEAP family outside of the scheduled LEAP events
- Serve as liaisons and student representatives for LEI and DoS