LEAP First Year Students
First-year students will have the opportunity to meet influential leaders in the UT community and develop personal leadership skills, all while creating a large network amongst fellow student leaders. With the guidance of experienced student leaders, LEAPers create and set goals to maximize their growth at UT. LEAP participants often go on to become involved in the many facets of leadership at the University of Texas at Austin.
APPLY TODAY: LEAP Mentee applications for SPRING 2013 are due by the end of the day on Friday, January 25, 2013. Fill out the Online Application Form today!
Please keep the following dates available for the Spring, should you be selected for the program:
- Friday, February 1, from 5-7pm (First LEAP Social)
- Every Tuesday from 3:30-5pm, beginning February 5 and ending April 2 (Weekly LEAP Workshops)
- Saturday, February 16 (LEAP Off-Site Retreat)
- Friday, March 1 from 5-7pm (Second LEAP Social)
- Tuesday, April 16 from 3:30-5pm (LEAP Graduation)
LEAP participants often go on to become involved in the many facets of leadership at the University of Texas at Austin.
Participating first-year students can expect to:
- understand their individual leadership style;
- build a network of peers;
- learn about opportunities for involvement across campus;
- interact with prominent faculty, staff and community leaders;
- learn effective communication strategies; and
- build strong practices and principles for effective leadership.