The Texas Leadership Summit
The Texas Leadership Summit (The Summit) is a free leadership development conference open to all students at The University of Texas at Austin. The Summit provides a unique space for student leaders to develop and refine leadership competencies through engagement in experiential workshops, breakout sessions, and networking. This diverse community of leaders affords each participant the opportunity to build relationships and identify areas of collaboration to positively impact The Forty Acres.
Goals of the Texas Leadership Summit
- Students will explore the leadership competencies most desired by employers.
- Students will identify two new leadership practices to enhance their career and civic readiness.
- Students will define leadership as a values-based process, not a power-based position.
Mission of the Texas Leadership Summit Advisory Board
The Texas Leadership Summit seeks to empower students to utilize ethical and socially responsible leadership practices. We believe that all students have the capacity to become inclusive leaders and create positive change on the Forty Acres and beyond.
Texas Leadership Summit 2018
- February 10, 2018 from 10am-4pm in the SAC.
- Registration is open November 13, 2017 and the priority deadline is December 20, 2017. Register by the priority deadline for a free t-shirt!
- Call for Proposals: Any student, faculty, or staff member is eligible to present at Texas Leadership Summit. Submit your proposal via Hornslink starting November 13, 2017.