Student Emergency Services Pantry
Name the Pantry, Fill the Pantry!
The University of Texas at Austin Food Pantry and Career Closet needs a name! Submit a name for our Food Pantry and Career Closet. the selected name will receive a $250 gift card! Help us fill our Food Pantry and Career Closet to help students in need, Jan. 29th - Mar. 2nd.
We're Launching a Food Pantry and Career Closet
Student Emergency Services in the Office of the Dean of Students is launching a food pantry and career closet to support students on our campus.
Hunger and food insecurity on our campus is real. Between 2015-16 and 2016-17, Student Emergency Services saw a 28% increase in the number of students helped with food-related needs. We know food insecurity makes it hard for students to stay in class and succeed, and our goal is to help students understand and identify food insecurity, as well as making nutritious food readily available to students when they need it.
Along with our food pantry, our team is launching a career closet to make sure every Longhorn has access to professional clothes for job and internship interviews. Emergencies and financial hardships can interfere with student success beyond the classroom, and this program will serve as an additional resource for students.
Make a Gift
The success of these programs will depend on the support of our campus community. You can be a part of that success by making a financial gift today, or by donating any of the following food or professional clothing items needed by our programs.
To schedule a donation, set up a food drive, or learn about volunteer opportunities, contact Will Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-232-6174.
Food Pantry Needs
- Canned meats (examples: tuna, canned chicken, etc.)
- Canned and boxed meals (soup, chili, stew, mac & cheese)
- Peanut butter and other nut butters
- Canned or dried beans and peas
- Pasta, rice, cereal, dry mixes (example: pancake mix)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- 100% fruit or vegetable juices (canned, plastic, or boxed)
- Shelf-Stable Milk (example: dry milk)
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Any healthy, low-fat and/or low-sugar products
- Perishable items
- Homemade items
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Open or used items
- Expired items
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Glass container items
Career Closet Needs
- Neck ties and bow ties
- Dress shirts, blouses, long and short sleeves
- Suit jackets, blazers, and vests
- Belts (black and brown colors)
- Dress skirts
- Dress pants, slacks, capris
- Dress shoes, heels, and flats
- New dress socks and stockings
- Portfolios, briefcases, and purses
- Professional accessories
- Medical Scrubs
- Jeans, shorts, non-professional pants
- Items with holes, tears, stains, or overly-worn items
- T-shirts, hoodies
- Winter coats
- Casual dress clothing
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below.