FACES - Fund for Academic Campus Engagement and Support - Overview
The Fund for Academic Campus Engagement & Support (FACES) awards monetary aid for educational and academic events planned by and for UT students. The goal of the fund is to develop innovative and progressive opportunities in order to reinforce learning within the student body. Funds will be allocated to registered student organizations that individually or cooperatively plan and advertise learning events that serve UT Austin’s diverse student population.
Registered student organizations will be allowed to apply for up to $500 in order to fund their event. Events eligible for funding should include:
- Expectation of involvement from a significant number of students
- Creative programming to encourage intellectual discourse or debate and/or critical thinking skills that can be utilized both inside and outside of the classroom
- Collaboration with other campus or community organizations
Student organization administrators should submit an online application through the Office of the Dean of Students website. Applications will be accepted at the beginning of each semester. Student organizations will be allowed to apply for funding once per semester.
Fall Semester: September 3-30, 2013
Spring Semester: January 13, 2014 - February 7, 2014
- Student organizations must be registered and in good standing with the university. Sponsored student organizations will not be eligible for funding.
- The Office of the Dean of Students will purchase all items for the event. There will be no allowance for reimbursement.
- Any printed materials used for the event (advertisement, programs, etc.) must acknowledge the support of the Office of the Dean of Students, and must include the Office of the Dean of Students logo. Printed materials must also be approved by the Graduate Assistant for Special Projects with the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Funding will not cover: Salaries or wages for organization members, closed events, socials or dances, food, non/alcoholic beverages, gifts, financial aid, gift cards, fundraisers, travel, registration fees for conferences.
- Student organizations must complete a post-event assessment online within one week of the event.
To be eligible for Spring semester 2014 funds, applications for FACES must be submitted between January 13, 2014 - February 7, 2014.
Registration has ended for the FACES award.
You are also required to complete the online FACES evaluation within 7 business days of your event. The evaluation is an important because it offers a way for you to evaluate your event and it will allow DoS to assess the impact of FACES.