Campus-wide Elections FAQs
- Where do I file?
- SG and GSA: Pick up and Drop off packets in the Student Activities Center (SAC 2.102)
- TSM: Applications must be returned with all applicable material to the Texas Student Media Director's office in the William Randolph Hearst Building (HSM), Room 3.304 by noon on Wednesday, January 30, 2013.
- Unions: The deadline to file for the University Unions candidacies is February 12th at noon to the University Unions Director's Office located in UNB 4.124.
- UT Co-op: The deadline to file for UT Co-op candidacy is February 12th at noon p.m. to the University Co-op Executive Office at 507 W. 23rd Street.
- When do I start campaigning?
- Campaigning officially starts on Wednesday, February 13th at 12:00am
- When is the election?
- The election starts on Wednesday, February 27 at 8am and ends on Thursday, February 28 at 5pm
- What is a polling location? And where are they?
- "Polling location" refers to any internet-enabled device available for public use that is being used to vote in campus-wide elections. Refer to the Election Code for further rules and regulations.
- What are the rules about A-frames?
- Refers to Sec. 13-505 of the University of Texas at Austin Institutional Rules for rules regarding A-frames.
- Where can I hang banners and what are the rules?
- Refers to Sec. 13-504 of the University of Texas at Austin Institutional Rules for rules regarding banners.
- Can I put campaigning materials inside on-campus residence halls?
- No. According to UT Austin Institutional Rules, a University person or organization may only display a sign by holding or carrying it, by displaying it at a table (see subchapter 13–600), or by posting it on a kiosk, bulletin board, or other designated location. Signs may not be posted in any other location.
- Is chalking allowed?
- The University of Texas at Austin Institutional Rules prohibits the act of chalking on any properties located on campus.
- What are the rules about hand-held signs?
- The signs must be physically held by a campaign worker at all times according to the University of Texas at Austin Institutional Rules.
- Can I table?
- Tabling is allowed; however, keep in mind that only student registered student organizations can check out tables from the FAC and/or Jester. You are allowed to bring your own table.
- Can I register my campaign as a student organization?
- Yes, a campaign can register and act as a student organization. Visit the Dean of Students website for more information.
- Can I reserve a room on campus?
- Only registered student organizations can use the campus reservation system.